.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

 

Perigee full Moon of January 2, 2018

Perigee full Moon of January 2, 2018 at 23:00 ACST. Click to embiggen.

After a clear cloud free day, the clouds came over as the moon rose, got this shot in a brief hole in the cloud, the it socked in completely.

My plan to take sequential shots showing the Moon receding was foiled, and I only had time to do this mobile phone shot, not one with my better cameras.

At this time the Moon was 357000 km from Earth, not as good as at astronomical twilight (356896 km) but still closer that the perigee Moon of 4 Dec 2017.

It doesn't look good for Mars and alpha2 librae tomorrow morning.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Awesome website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that
cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online
community where I can get suggestions from other experienced people that share the same interest.
If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

Wine Club
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?