.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 22, 2009

 

Comet C/2008 Q3 Garrad with globular cluster

Comet C/2008 Q3 Garrad and globular cluster NGC 6362. Click to embiggen.

Comet C/2008 Q3 Garrad is in outburst, but until recently I haven't been able to look for it due to cloud and rain. I had a go with binoculars last night, but couldn't see a thing, on the other hand the light pollution is worst to the south where I am, and I couldn't pick up anything in the 7.5-8.0 magnitude range near midnight (also, turbulence was really bad, stars twinkling almost to the zenith!). If you want to look, see the spotters maps here.

So I turned to the Global-Rent-a-Scope system (which had also been clouded out until tonight), and got this very nice image of C/2008 not far from the 8th magnitude globular cluster NGC 6362. Image taken with the widefield G12 using a 90 second 1x1 binned exposure with luminance filtering.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Name : Wilson Hidalgo S.
Phone :04-2864639 / 088930937
my english is not good.

my web : http://antifoton.blogspot.com/2008/03/los-enigmas-del-universo-y-las.html
Thank you.

Wilson H.S.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?