.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 12, 2007

 

Ready for Saturn!



Well, I've finally got my scope prepped (although I'm not too happy with the colimation). The hardest part was getting the finder scope realined with the field of view of the main scope. This may seem trivial, but when you are struggling to get a tiny dot in the very narrow CCD frame, it can end hours of frustration. Anyway, I'v done a test shot of the Moon and Jupiter (the two faint dots are Ganymede and Europa). Seeing was not fantastic, skies clear but fairly turbulent, even pretty high up in the sky. Still, the images aren't too bad, so tonight I'll go after Saturn.

However, I you want to see nice images of Saturn, pop over to Will Gater's Blog for some very nice shots. (via Stuart)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?