.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, April 23, 2006

 

No Lyrids for Me

The sun lights up Lunar Mountains on the terminator, and Venus in its half-moon phase.

Hughie has been playing with me. We will have beautiful clear afternoons with the sky the purest blue, then shortly after sunset, the clouds will come over and persist unil mid morning. Lulled by this seemingly immutable pattern, I didn't get up early this morning to see if I could pick up any Lyrid lunar impacts. So when I did wander out in the early morn, the sky was celar and sparkly.

I had to rush out and set my telescope up in a hurry, but I was able to get some nice pictures of the Moon and Venus in very stable air, unlike the last two times when the images jumped all over the place (and its been about a wekk since I was bale to do any imaging at all). Unfortunately, this was well into twilight and not too far from dawn, so no Lyrid impacts were going to be seen, and good contrast Lunar images hard to obtain. But you can still see the lava rilles quite clearly despite this.

Comments:
That's a nice shot of the moon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?