.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

I've got a bike

".. you can ride it if you like, its got a basket a bell that rings and things to make it look good." (Pink Floyd) I have just celebrated my birthday, and I am now 75.15 Venusian days old. The Bettdeckererschnappender weisle and the young un's bought me a bike for my birthday (despite the broad hints about a Meade LPI). My current bike was bought second hand in Berlin 15 years ago, you can't buy tyres for it any more, so it will be soon unrideable. Hence the nice new shiny bike. We went down to Semaphore for brekfast at a plant nursery/cafe (where you can watch your children destroy plants look out over beautiful plants), then picked up my new bike and went for a ride along the new beach bike path. This is probebly the first time I have ever had a new bike, so I am extraordinarily chuffed with it, and it rides like a dream. I look forward to taking it out on touring trips, the Bettdeckererschnappender weisle and I used to do a lot of bicycle tourning in the years BC (Before Kids).

Later on we went out to see some standup comedians from the Adelaide Fringe Festival.

So, not occultation pictures yet, and there's a lot of astronews I have to link to, but not tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?